By Gabriela Santana-Blackburn, Tricoci University Director of Esthetics
Now that we’ve kicked off summer weather, it’s time to get with the best summer makeup trends to look your hottest! Here are some tips for skin, eyes and lips:
- Foundation can be tricky. You want your skin to look flawless, but not like you’re wearing a ton of makeup. To achieve this, use a light concealer to brighten eyes and hide blemishes, then finish with a mineral powder that matches your skin tone for a flawless look.
- Neutral winter is out and brightened summer is IN! To illuminate the face for a sun-kissed look, apply a bright pink or coral color to the apples of the cheeks.
- Super-pigmented pastels are very popular right now! Bright pinks, blues and even shades of oranges can be swept across the eyelids for a fun look.
- For a more dramatic and elegant look, use rich shades of violet (either eyeliner or eye shadow) on the eye area.
- For a more sparkly effect, metallic shadows are really popular – and versatile! They can be used in light or dark shades depending on the desired effect.
- Finally, our evening look: Smokey eyes are a classic!! To put a twist on the classic look and make it a little more modern, blend in some colorful, bright shades (not just dark). You can also add in metallic to blend a couple of trends.
- We recommend using bold shades of oranges and coral – as well as a super pigmented pastel pinks – depending on your preference!
Follow these simple summer makeup trend tips from Tricoci University and you’re on your way to a trendy summer!