artistic makeup

Artistically Inclined Makeup

July 27th, 2012

Beauty Blog

start today

NEXT CLASS STARTS May 13th

share

By Daniela Loaiza, Tricoci University at Chicago NE

One of my favorite hobbies is to paint on canvases; it’s something about the way in which bringing certain colors together can change the mood of the whole painting that allows me to really enjoy painting. My fascination with color and art just keeps growing. I always knew I wanted to do something creative for a living, so I was very excited when I discovered the world of makeup.

I never knew how much art actually factors in with artistic makeup, from the way highlighting a cheekbone can change the whole shape of a face or how using the right foundation can give a person flawless skin, which is beautiful. At that point, I knew that cosmetology was the right field for me. Because I want to pursue a career in cosmetology, learning the correct techniques to put makeup on someone’s face is very important to me. I love the fact that you can be so creative with color; making someone look natural but at the same time enhancing their features is very rewarding. However, my favorite thing has to be fantasy and artistic makeup, because I can really use my imagination to create something amazing.

Discovering my creative side has showed me different ways to express my ideas. One of the things I was very surprised to find out by coming to Tricoci University was how hair color can also be used to make a creative statement. Someone’s hair color can change their whole look. A person’s personality can be expressed by the color of their hair; someone with pink highlights might be a lot of fun and a little rebellious and someone with dark hair might not be so rebellious but still fun. I love that no matter what kind of personality the client has, you can always achieve an image by adding color to their hair. Sometimes it can be very easy or at times very complex, but personally, I love the challenge.

Color provides me with immense possibilities to be creative. Whether it is makeup or hair color, it’s just like painting on a canvas; bringing in certain colors can change the mood of the client.

sign up today!

NEXT CLASS STARTS May 13th