Happy new year! You may have heard the phrase “New year, new you.” You may have already created your list of resolutions, or things you’d like to try. Have you considered shifting your career trajectory and pursuing a career in the beauty industry? Have you dreamed about potentially working in the beauty industry, but weren’t ready to make a change quite yet? Here’s why the new year is a great time to make a change in your life and try out something new!
- A time of renewal. The start of a new year is often a time when people are looking to make a significant change in their lives. In fact, a study recently showed that approximately 60% of people set a new year’s resolution in the hopes of changing their current habits (inc.com). With the fresh energy that the new year brings, consider what changes, if any, you would like to make in your life. Do you have a passion for beauty that you like to explore further? Would you like to finally make the career change you’ve been thinking about? The start of a new year is a great time to pursue your passions and work towards a career you love!
- Lots of program offerings. Did you know there are different fields of beauty programs to try? Perhaps you’re more interested in hair; then a Cosmetology program that has a large concentration on all things involving hair may be best for you. Is skin care and the health of skin a field you’d like to work in? Consider an Esthetics program, that focuses on the best practices and ingredients for glowing and radiant skin. Maybe you’d like to focus on men’s haircuts and a Barbering program has piqued your interest. With the start of the new year, there are many different options of programs available to kickstart your beauty school journey.
- Variety of Schedules. An excuse we often use to put things off is “I’m too busy right now” or “I have a very strict schedule.” As you’re starting the new year and thinking about your priorities of life, work and hobbies, know that there are a variety of beauty school schedules to help you achieve your goals. Are you currently working and would like to slowly transition into a career you are more passionate about? You can enroll in a night program that will work around your daytime work schedule. Are you able to enroll full time? There’s plenty of options available for you too! The great news is that there are plenty of schedule options available, with frequent start dates to get you on your way. More importantly, there is on campus and administrative support available to help you follow your dreams and kick off a fantastic year.
- Kick boredom to the curb. So many people struggle to find a career that inspires them or aligns with their passions. Have you found yourself in this position, finding little inspiration in the work you do? Why start off the brand, new year with those same feelings, when you could pursue something that is more in line with what you love? If you love all things beauty, tomorrow could be the day you make a step toward working in a field you are excited about. Further, you’ll be surrounded by like minded individuals who are as equally excited about beauty and their careers as you are. Working a job filled with passionate people in an industry that we love? SIgn us up, please!
- Quick Programs. When people tend to think of school, the tendency is to think it is an extremely long commitment. While a cosmetology or esthetics program is certainly a time commitment, many programs, both part time and full time, will last less than two years, if completed according to schedule. A full time program will be the quickest way to get you started in the beauty career of your dreams. This means you could be living out your beauty industry passions sooner than you think!
Just like you, we’re looking forward to everything the new year will bring and to exciting changes in our lives. If you are interested in the beauty industry and have been waiting for the right time to get started on your beauty journey, now is your time. Tricoci University of Beauty Culture has a variety of programs and schedules available to help get you started. Check out our website to get a campus tour scheduled today. Happy new year!